Elmer’s® Craftbond™ Glue All
Elmer’s® Craftbond™ Tacky Glue
X-ACTO® Razor Trimmer
Smoothfoam® 4” x 4” Cube
Assorted Craft beads
6 Photographs – 4” x 4”
1. Cut photos to size. You can create photos “on point” by turning them 45 deg then cropping them to size. Or, cut a 4” square opening in a piece of paper. Position this over a printed photograph so you can see where to cut.
2. Determine the top point of the cube then adhere photos one at a time to each side of the cube. You may need to let them dry a little each time so they don’t slip. Photos can also be secured to the cube with a rubber band until they are completely dry.
3. Using a skewer, or skinny dowel, poke a hole in the top of the cube. (This is where 3 sides meet.) Squeeze a little glue into the hole. To create a hanger, cut a paper clip in half with one side longer than the other. (I used a colored one) then squeeze together. Insert ends into hole then let dry. You can also use a piece of wire bent into a “U” shape. Cut a 6” piece of floss. Thread one end through the hanger then knot ends together. Add beads if desired.
Paper clip hanger:
4. Poke a hole in the opposite end of the cube then glue a hanger in place. Attach tassel.
5. Tassels are easy to make from embroidery floss. Cut skein in half. Step 1. (Each skein will make 2 tassels.) Use one strand of floss to tie strands together at the top where the strands are folded over. Step 2. Use a second piece of floss to bunch strands together about ½” below the fold. Step 3. Attach to the hanger at the bottom of the cube.
How to Make a Tassel:
Step 1. Step 2. Step 3.