Mixed Media Embroidery Hoop
By Vicki O'Dell
- 8 inch embroidery hoop
- Printable Belgian Linen from Jacquard
- InkJet Printer
- Off white linen - large enough to put into the embroidery hoop
- Low-High temp hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Gold metallic place mat
- Off white textured card stock
- Off white and white small doilies
- White and Gold buttons
- EK Success/Martha Stewart fabric flower embellishments or handmade flowers
- Disappearing Ink marking pen
Print an image onto the printable linen and set aside to dry.
Place the off white linen into the embroidery hoop and pull taught. Screw the hoop screw and tighten in place.
Cut the textured card stock smaller than the image and cut two corners of the placemat to use as matting for the image.
Lay out the image, textured cardstock and placemat pieces in a pleasing manner. Mark their position with a disappearing ink pen.
Adhere the place mat corners, textured card stock and image to the linen with low temp glue.
Place the doilies so that they break the edge of the frame and glue in place.
Add the flower embellishment and buttons with glue cutting the shank off the buttons if needed.
Pull the linen taught again and re-tighten the hoop screw if needed.
Cut the excess linen away from the back of the embroidery hoop with sharp scissors.
Run a bead of low temp glue around the back of the embroidery hoop to secure the linen in place and keep from fraying.
The Creative Goddess
Some of the supplies in the project are available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiODell?ref=si_shop