Cut Gals Page Layout
By Dina Wakley
Techniques: Masked inked & painted background, splatter, large collaged layered heart
Kraft cardstock by Bazzill
Patterned paper by Fancy Pants
Dina Wakley Media stencils and masks, acrylic paint, gesso,s tamps
Dylusions inks Funky Fuschia
Alphabet by Sassafrass Lass
Tissue tape and printed tissue by Tim Holtz Idealogy
ScanNCut – home and hobby cutting machine
- Spray around one of the hearts from the cutting machine with Funky Fuschia ink. Leave the hearts open on one side.
- Spray water on the ink.
- Use a large paintbrush to move the ink around and create a watercolor effect.
- When the ink is dry, brush on strokes of Magenta and White acrylic paint.
- Splatter the background with watered-down black gesso.
- Paint the other heart with Magenta and White paint.
- Tape down chevron patterned paper under the layout and tear away the edge of the cardstock to reveal it.
- Embellish the painted heart with tissue tape, twine, chitchat stickers, and a stamped image.
- Assemble the layout by adding printed tissue behind the heart, two chevron paper ribbons under the heart, and the photos.
For more information visit www.dinawakley.com
|Dina Wakley & Julie Fei-Fan Balzer